By Zeke Barlow, Ventura County Star
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Before water makes it way through the labyrinth of pipes and canals and dribbles out your tap, do you know from which river it originated? Or where it goes when it disappears down your drain?
If not, you’re not alone...
Listen to interviews online:
Saturday, June 20: world premiere of the film as part of International Surfing Day sponsored by Surfrider Foundation.
- 10:00am: beach clean-up at Surfers’ Point in Ventura, All clean-up supplies will be provided.
- 12:00pm: followed by a paddle out. Bring your board.
- 7:00pm: doors open for the premiere of the independent film, Watershed Revolution, The Lodge, 11 S. Ash St., in Downtown Ventura. (formerly the Elks Lodge)
- 8:00pm: benefit concert will feature performances by Sunshine Brothers and John Cruz.
Tickets for the evening event are $20/$35 VIP, and are available at www.zoeyscafe.com. $25 tickets at the door.
Wednesday, June 24 will be the film's Ojai premiere sponsored by Ojai Valley Green Coalition.
- 7:00 p.m. at the Chaparral High School Auditorium, 414 E. Ojai Avenue. Following the film there will be a discussion along with a question and answer period, featuring local watershed activists. Donation of $2.