Monday, October 13, 2008
West Coast EBM Network
First Annual Meeting
October 6-7, 2008
Friday Harbor, Washington
• Provide a forum for communication among the six West Coast EBM Network members to strengthen relationships, share information on accomplishments and challenges, and support successful implementation of EBM concepts.
• Explore first-hand one of the Network’s project sites – the San Juan Initiative
• Discuss governance issues faced by Network members as they strive to implement EBM concepts at local, county, state, and federal levels and to interact with decision-makers and elected officials. Initiate design of a plan for future progress.
• Enhance knowledge of the economic and social dimensions of EBM by discussing analytical approaches and methods that will help Network members determine pertinent questions and understand resources available to address economic and human dimension aspects of their efforts.
• Examine the benefits, challenges, and considerations for using common ecological, economic, and social indicators across the Network sites to measure change at local and regional scales in the context of existing goals based on pre-meeting survey results.
Much of the progress in the San Juan's is the result of this man's hard work... now running for Washington State Senate. Good luck Kevin!